Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Fall Sunday

On Sunday morning, I headed off to Central Market to take a "Knife Skills" class. I have helped volunteer with the class a few times in the past, but this was a chance for me to take the class myself and practice my dicing and slicing. Also, I got to do a little shopping in the market.

I have been a regular "reader" of the wonderful foodie blog "Cooking with Amy". I read an article this week Amy wrote on Poached Pears and was instantly craving them. So while at the market today, I picked up some Red California pears and made poached pears for dessert. I served them with warm syrup and vanilla ice cream . It was pretty tasty.

So I turned the calendars over to October today, pulled the Hallowe'en decorations out of the attic, lit the gingerbread candle and was in the mood for Fall (even though it was like 35 degrees Celsius outside). Oh well, it feels like Fall inside! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Quinn said...

Coincidentally, I cut a recipe for poached pears out of the paper this weekend. They sounded so good. Had some wine and honey and spices in the recipe. I figured even if you didn't like pears, you could drink the syrup ! HA !

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home