Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Chef Elmar


I worked at the Cooking School last night for the "A TASTING MENU FROM THE FOUR SEASONS" Class. Elmar Prambs, the Executive Chef, The Cafe at Four Seasons Hotel was the guest chef.

We served seven different dishes: Asian Beef Roll; French-Style Baby Artichokes & Brie Pizza; Seared Diver Scallops in Celery Root Purée; Porcini Mushroom Risotto; Tamarind-Honey Glazed Chilean Sea Bass; Veal “Osso Buco” Ravioli; and Passion Fruit Poached Pears.

I was in charge of making the ravioli (including dough from scratch), marinating the Sea Bass, assembling the pizzas, and mise en place for the Risotto and Sea Bass. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. Chef Elmar is great. Such a doll. Thank goodness for Mila, I didn't have to wash any dishes! But I did do a lot of plating. We served 37 students. My feet were aching when I got home last night.

On a side note, congratulations to Chef Paul and his wife Ingrid on expecting baby #2!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Quinn said...

That all sounds wonderful ! I certainly think you are ready for your own business -(located in Atlanta preferably) !

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, definitely the yummiest sounding menu so far! Think you could repeat all of that next time I have a chance to dine with you? :)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home