Sunday, September 03, 2006

Recipes for Africa


My Aunt Michelle (one of my mother's youngest siblings, who is not much older than me) is living in Dubai with her hubby Jonathan and two daughters Chloe and Megan. I miss hanging out with her as we always had a good time. Of course, she has a good time wherever she is. We talk more these days in MSN messenger than anywhere else. One recent conversation we were discussing her cooking club group and some amazing Ethiopian recipes one of the members had brought. She mentioned that a friend was selling cookbooks as part of a fundraiser and she said she would send me one. I got it in the mail yesterday. I am really looking forward to trying some the Ethiopian dishes, but I couldn't resist making her "turtle squares" today. The proceeds of the cookbook go to Axum Africa and was put together by my Aunt's friends, Karen (a fellow Canadian) and Harego (originally from Ethiopia).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those turtle squares were fantastic. I think they might be illegal in several provinces....

Eric

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home