Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Well hubby and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary today (we have been together for 12-1/2 years). He had to work this evening (and all weekend), so he took a couple of hours off to take the kiddo and me to dinner. We went to a (usual) favorite, NXNW. They sat us in the worst table in the entire restaurant, next to the door to the patio and beside the server stand. I had a nice glass of Shiraz, a small Field Greens salad (my favorite), and a Rosemary Rubbed pork loin. The salad was awesome as usual. However, I should have stuck to a pizza as usual, because I didn't enjoy my meal at all. I barely ate any of it. The pork, which itself was okay, was served with some mixed veggies (cooked horribly) and some garlic mashers. Just didn't cut it tonight. We took a look at the dessert menu but nothing caught our eye (probably a first for me).

So on the way home, we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream. Hubby had some banana ice cream in a waffle cone, kiddo had some french vanilla with exactly two mini marshmallows on top, and I ordered the "Sinless" fresh cream ice cream made with Splenda. Strike two for the night. It was so nasty with a major after taste. I took two bites and left the rest.

It was a good attempt, and it was a lovely outing, bad food aside. Also we ran into a friend that is leaving the country on Tuesday. Good bye Peter. We'll miss you!

So now hubby is back to work and I'm going to tidy up, take a bath, and hit to bed. Swimming lessons in the morning...

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home