Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bon Appetit!



Well I got a call around 2:30 yesterday afternoon. The cooking school needed some help with a class last night (had a cancellation). So off I went to help out with Paul's "French Home Cooking" class. It was a hands on class, so prep wasn't too bad. It was the most relaxed, non-frantic class I have worked so far.

Here's what we made: Sole au Vin Blanc; Chicken Fricassee, Streamlined Cassoulet, Pot Au Feu, Summer Fruit Pudding. The pudding was soooo yummy, as was the Chicken Fricassee. I haven't tried the Sole or Cassoulet yet (in my fridge at home).

As a bonus, I got to sit down with Paul before class and chat about some "academic" courses I was considering at a local cooking school. He was so helpful. I really appreciate his opinions/ideas.

Also, Vance and I decided to compile a "Paul Dictionary" or "Paul Word of the Day". He has quite a few words over the course of an evening worth noting, but we missed a couple of good ones last night. However, the ones we did note were "Phraseology" and "Yum-ola".

It was a good time. Thinking about actually taking a class next week. I have cards for free classes and never bother to use them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you ! Remember cranberryRelish or bust !

6:46 AM  
Blogger Smashli said...

I didn't realize you were considering classes - awesome! You don't really need them though - all your stuff is already "yum-ola"!! xoxox

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home