Monday, October 09, 2006

A Foodie Sunday

Sunday morning I attended the first book club meeting of the Central Market cooking school. We discussed the book "The Apprentice" by Jacques Pepin (per my earlier post). Most people there were avid readers, unlike myself. However, we were all foodies, and I have learned that I really enjoy food writings. The next meeting will be in November and we will be looking at Betty Fussell's book "My Kitchen Wars". This book is hard to find these days, but I located a copy in Ontario and hopefully it will arrive at my mother's place before I leave there. Also, I went over to the BookStop and picked up the January club meeting read "Heat" by Bill Buford and purchased "How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman. It seems to be a favorite reference for a lot of folks.

So if the kiddo allows I will be reading Heat, Saveur magazine, and Delicious magazine on the plane Wednesday (with a little InStyle thrown in, so I'll at least be a well accessorized Chef). Of course, anyone who has traveled with a toddler realizes this is probably not going to happen...

On a side note, Chef Bull did not win the Iron Chef Challenge against Bobby Flay last night, but he did look like he had a lot of fun. Congratulations to Chef, Josh, and Jason for their accomplishment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy R Shipp said...

You are always in style, whether cooking or not! Hope you have a few spare moments to read some of your books and magazines during the trip. Be safe and give our love to all the family and friends!

10:13 AM  
Blogger DS Classic Grill said...

Nice Post! Thank you for sharing such awesome information about different eating places. You can also opt for West End restaurants Edmonton that offers you amazing cuisines.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home