Monday, May 08, 2006

If shopping were half the battle...

If I only could lose weight shopping for clothes/gear for the gym, I would be so hot! Well, since that is not the case, I am a fat ass with a lot of cool gym wear that barely fits (and yes Mom, bags). However, there is something so calming with "Retail Therapy". Maybe perhaps I could find a job as a personal shopper... A girl on the radio here a week or two ago was saying she was moving to Tahoe to work for a sporting goods company. How fun would that be! I have visions of being the happy, healthy active family (me with cut arms, calves and no belly), who are always on the go to some excursion or sporting event.

Well, I have been behaving much better in the exercise/junk food front. Lots of room for improvement though. I packed breakfast and lunch today and already have tonight's healthy meal planned out. I also registered for the next round of swimming lessons in June. Still a few hours at work (found out their cutting my hours/paycheck to save money), and dealing with an annoying coworker, I am ready for a chocolate fix. But not today. I hit REI and bought a new bike jersey on clearance and skipped the chocolate (except in my Luna bar I had with some yogurt for lunch). Now I have to get up for that 5:30 am Spin Class on Wednesday. Wish me luck! What's the saying, "the world is paved with good intentions"? At least I'm doing my part...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home