Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shell Games



I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Cooking School last night for the Terry Conlan "Shell Games" Class. He is such a great guy. I was a little nervous because it was my first "non-Central Market chef" class. It went pretty well though. Here's what was prepared/served:

SHELL GAMES: Terry Conlan, Cookbook Author, Guru of Low-Fat Cuisine and Executive Chef, Lake Austin Spa Resort. Terry brings you low-fat and unique flavors with his savory "Sea and Tree" combinations fresh from Lake Austin Spa Resort. Menu includes Diver's Sea Scallops with Tangerine Beurre Blanc & Toasted Hazelnuts; Almond Crab Cakes with Gingered Tomato Jam; Pistachio Stuffed Shrimp with Lemon Aioli; Pecan-Crusted Soft Shell Crab; and Lobster Saute with Curried Walnuts.

After class, Mr. Conlan graciously signed my cookbook and chatted about his "Canadian" travels. If you have a chance to pick up his cookbook Fresh, do so. It is beautiful and filled with low-fat, tasty recipes.

I just love working the CM classes. Paul and Vance always are very helpful, teach me a lot, and are a heck of a lot of fun!

Can't wait until my next class mid May with David Bull from the Driskill...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home