Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Julie & Julia



I finished reading the book Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen last night. It was a pretty entertaining read. Julie Powell (the author and main character) is an Austin girl living in the Big Apple and chronicles her experiences in recreating all the recipes from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, in a one year period.

Before the book, came the blog the The Julie/Julia Project. I wish I had known about this at the time, because I think I would have enjoyed recounting her daily experiences as they happened and following along in her journey in real-time.

However, I did finish the book (which says something in itself in that I am NOT a book reader) and actually looked forward to sitting down to read it.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a "Julie/Julia" project of my own someday... No livers for me though. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little bird told me that tomorrow is your birthday so I wanted to wish you a happy day . I read your blog every day and am very happy that you are pursuing your dream of becoming a chef. Love you and hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Give little Ewan a kiss for me.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home