Monday, April 24, 2006

Spring Cleaning

In yet another effort to find myself, err... my waist in particular, I cleaned the pantry/cupboards yesterday of all "junk food". What I didn't throw away, I brought in to the breakroom at work this morning and it promptly disappeared. Also, this weekend I grilled off (6) bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow), fresh gulf shrimp, asparagus, zucchini, onions, and corn. I had them for dinner Sat., lunch yesterday, and lunch again today (yes, I actually brought lunch to work today). They were soooo good. I love grilled veggies. I wish I could take credit, but grilled veggies are one of those things that you don't have to do anything to. I tossed them in a little olive oil, kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Perhaps that's what makes them so delicious. You don't have to add unnecessary flavors to them, like a good steak.

Well back to the subject, I want my family to start eating healthier and being more active (mostly me). And now, with no company in-site, the "vacation" is over and the pantry is clean. Perhaps the lack of sugar will slow my three year old down (not holding my breath) and help me fit into the clothes in my closet. Also, put my gym bag in the car today. Now the next step will be getting me out of bed in the mornings and back to hitting the gym again. Wish me luck! And Robin, I'll be looking to you for motivation. Keep it coming!

2 Comments:

Blogger BigMac said...

What!? All the junk food? What the heck am I going to eat!?

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck ! I'll send you a care package, Big Mac.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home