Thursday, May 18, 2006

David Bull & Staff


Last night I had the opportunity to work the David Bull "Texas Chefs, Great Wines" class at Central Market. David arrived with two of his staff Nathan and Monica from the Cafe at the Driskill. It seemed very hectic before class started but by the time we began things seemed to be in ordered. The class was full so it meant a lot of prep and dishes, but it was lots of fun too.

Here's what was served:

  • Cream of Porcini Mushroom Soup with 2004 Mon Coeur Cotes-du-Rhone
  • Baby Spinach Salad with Fried Oysters with 2003 Trimbach Pinot Blanc
  • Pan Broiled Lobster with Celery Root Puree, Watercress & Black Truffle Butter with Ross Marai Cuvee.

Chef Bull was wonderful. Such a charismatic, patient, fun guy. I really like his food and he does a great job of leading the class. His staff was great too. Nathan was such a joy to work with. He made sure I got to taste everything and was fun to talk to about food in general and his experiences (including those as a new dad).

Paul and Cindy were the best, as always. They always make sure I get to do some hands on stuff in the kitchen. Poor Cindy burned her hand before class started pretty good, so I hope that she is doing okay today.

Chef Bull brought a beautiful package with him for all the class (we had almost 40 people there) and a goodie bag of treats from the Cafe. The package included a recipe package, flavor profiling, guidelines to great cuisine, a review from the Statesman, and other information on the Driskill.

I am definitely looking forward to my next class with Chef Bull in July! Also, watch for him to take on Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America (to air in October). Also, I hear Bobby is in town this week...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are one step closer to your cranberryRelish dream. Keep plugging ! Also, congrats on the spinning class - makes me tired thinking about it but I'm proud of you.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant pronounce all of those things :(

Doesn't anybody make chicken tenders anymore??!!

*ducks flying putanesca pinwheels*

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home