Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's been awhile


Yes, it has been a while. A long while. I'm now in a new state, waiting to get in the new house, and looking for a new job. Hubby took a job with Amazon.com and we moved to Seattle 3-1/2 weeks ago. I have been living in a corporate apartment on the 19th floor of a high rise downtown since then. Let me tell you, as great as it is to be in walking distance of some great restaurants, great shopping, including the infamous Pike Place Market, urban living isn't all it is cracked up to be. Having to share such space with a stir crazy five year old and taking to large dogs down 24 levels to get to the waterfront to go do their business has definitely become old!

However, there is an end in site (we closed on the new house this morning) and we are trying to make the most of our time here.

We have visited the Seattle aquarium, the Space Needle, made a trip to Target, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn(not as convenient as it was in Texas, which is probably good for the pocket book), enjoyed a homemade Easter dinner (and my 35th birthday, blah!), and most recently took the ferry to Bainbridge Island for a tour and brunch (see my next post for the details).

So, before I get entrenched in unpacking and setting up the new place and interviewing for new jobs, I will try to get a few foodie blogs in about my culinary finds so far!

And I'll try to be more consistent about updating my blog too! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Schulz said...

Awesome. Congratulations on the new house! Be sure and post some pictures of it when you get a chance.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home