Friday, June 22, 2007

Update on the New Job, and my aching feet...

Well I just completed week 2 of the new job. The first week didn't really count. I only spent 2-1/2 days in the kitchen last week. The rest was spent on training on the front of the house (customer service/hosting/computer system stuff).


However, I spent the entire 5 days this week in the kitchen. Monday, I worked with Lysa and then Tuesday thru today I was on my own with my own entrees to do. I started out pretty slow, but took about an hour off my time between Tuesday and Wednesday (with more work thrown in). And today, I got out of there at a reasonable time even though I seemed to have a slow start. I really like being in the kitchen. I like the food prep stuff. I have to admit that I'm not loving (or even liking) the "packaging" side of it.


Here's a quick summary of what I worked on Tuesday-Friday:

* Cut and butterflied 504 steaks
* Hard boiled, peeled, and chopped 192 eggs
* Prepared and packaged 516 chicken breasts
* Marinated and packaged 84 pork tenderloin
* Packaged 252 fish fillets
* Misc. other activities - white sauces, marinades, salsas, etc.


But here's the part that gets me... opened, filled, and closed approximately 1290 Ziploc bags. That doesn't even touch the foil pans and lids, glad containers, marinade cups, etc. It would be pretty easy work except for the Ziploc bags!!!


Plus, after 10 years of a desk job, my feet and back are having to adjust to my new routine. We don't typically take more than a 20 min. break a day, and I have been working anywhere from 8 to 11 hours a day. Hopefully my feet will be ready to return on Monday morning!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Quinn said...

That sounds like very hard work but I'm sure as you work your way up the ladder, the "packaging stuff" will be relegated to someone else. I don't imagine Wolfgang or Emeril ever have to deal with Zip Lock bags. :)

I am really proud of you.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home