Monday, June 04, 2007

Dave Lieberman visits Austin!
















I was fortunate to be invited by Kelly, Manager of the Central Market cooking school, to a special class being taped for TV! Sunday evening I was fortunate to attend the Austin Music on the Menu class with Trish Murphy. It was taped for an upcoming episode of Dave Lieberman's show.

You probably recognize Dave Lieberman as the cutie boy-next-door star of good Deal on the Food Network. At only 27, he has accomplished a lot. You can check him out at DaveCooks.net. I was fortunate to chat with him a few minutes after class and have him sign my Dave's Dinners cookbook and pulled out my Food & Wine 2005 issues in which he was featured.

An unexpected surprise was getting to listen to Trish Murphy. While I admit, I only recognized her from her Henna Chevrolet commercials here in town, and from hearing about her classes at Central Market, I'll be looking to pick up her Cd's. She is a great songwriter and singer. Also, with each strum of her guitar, she hits the heartstrings of the girl you are and the girl you wish you could be sometimes. She is also the gal pal you want to have a shot of tequila with and forget your problems!

So between songs, here is what Trish prepared and served in class (yes she's sexy, a talented musician, and she cooks!)
:
* Pan-Roasted Mushrooms with Crab meat and Pernod
* Fried Okra Salad w/ Oyster and Shoestring Sweet Potatoes (plus a bunch of other great stuff)
* Lemonade Cupcakes

I had such a great time. However, the drive home in the crazy Texas thunderstorm was less than desirable. Thanks again Kelly for the invite. And I'll let you know if/when the show airs!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Quinn said...

Oh my gosh! That's awesome - getting to meet those neat people! I'm sure one of these days we will be reading about CranberryRelish and the accomplishments of Heidi Mac. And by the way, you look terrific! Those days at the gym paid off. Can't wait to see you later this summer.

We thought of you often on the cruise. You would have loved the dining room fare! I think I tried some of just about everything.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Amy R Shipp said...

Very cool!! Trish Murphy is a great musician and apparently a decent cook as well. And your boy Dave is a hottie. :) BTW, I love your hair long!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey.. I'm one of Carly's friends... but I always read your blog about Cooking.. cause I'm a Nut when it comes to anything remotely related to it... U were so lucky to meet Dave, I watch him all the time on the Food Network... keep the updates, I love it. Going to Boston in a few weeks.. gonna hit up Sur La Table and Crate and Barrel.. my favorite kitchen stores.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home