Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Debut


Well I successfully catered my first paid party this weekend, per my previous post. I catered my neighbors' Holiday Party. It was a cocktail party with Hors d'Oeuvres for fifty people. I managed to get through it on my own (with a little help from hubby).
Here is the menu I came up with based on the budget allocated:

Spiced Nuts; Olive Medley; Green Goddess Dip with assorted crudites; Assorted Cheese Tray with Globe Grapes; Meatball Lollipops with Apricot Sweet & Sour Sauce; Spanish Spinach and Tomato pizzas; Three Cheese Phyllo Triangles; Homemade Chocolate Truffles; Sweets Tray (Snow Flecked Brownies; Chocolate Chip Cookies; Shortbread Cookies; garnished with Strawberries); Dark Chocolate and Peppermint Whipped Cream Tart.

Work was crazy busy last week so I didn't get to make too much in advance. I made the truffles (a multi-day project) last week and the brownies last weekend. I ended up making 175 meatballs, the green goddess dip, the spiced nuts, chocolate chip cookies, and shortbread cookies on Friday night. Saturday, I made 150 phyllo triangles, 50 pizzas, 4 tarts, cut up the veggies, ironed 60 napkins, washed 50 wine glasses, etc. I had it ready in time, but it was pushing it. I definitely could have used some hired help.

They and their guests seemed to be pleased with the results, so hopefully this will lead to more for Cranberry Relish! Now today I found out we are having a holiday luncheon at work on Thursday, so back to baking tomorrow night... ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy R Shipp said...

Sounds delicious, Heidi, and I am SOOOO proud of you!!! I never doubted that your first official catering gig would be a success. CONGRATULATIONS! (Eric, Sabrina, Toby, Gene, & Zelda send their good wishes too!)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sara Quinn said...

I tried to leave comments all last week and something didn't work but I, too, am really proud of you for your first "real" catering job. The food sounds delicious.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and send pics of little punkin' so we can see how much he has grown.

Love to all your family.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home